February is the LOVE month! So ladies, let’s express our love through our nails If you still have no idea on what to wear this Valentine’s, I have here an easy and fun to make nail art. Inspired from Jenna Hipp’s idea of non-traditional french manicure, you can read it here: http://galtime.com/article/beauty/21/7243/celebrity-nail-stylist-answers-your-questions.
I call it, Heartsy Tipsy ala WhoaNails:
The first thing to do is shape your nails oval:
You can make it very oval, if you want to achieve the perfect heart tips, but in my case, I didn’t do that because it would be hard for my nails to return to their square shape, and I LOVE MY ROUNDED SQUARE nails, hihihi. I did it for you girls, I would sacrifice my nails just for the sake of an accurate demonstration, yay!
From left to right: Bobbie Pure White, Essie Lovie Dovie, China Glaze Strawberry Fields and Carolyn Lincoln Center. You can use any color you wish, it would be great if you can experiment on other colors
- Paint your nails with Essie Lovie Dovie and let it dry.
- Using Bobbie Pure White, carefully paint a heart shape on the tips. Use two strokes, start from the right outer nail to the center, and then start again from the left outer nail to the center, making a V shape tip. The white heart tip will serve as your guide in painting the other layers of hearts. It doesn’t have to be a perfect heart shape, just have fun and be creative. Let it dry.
- Using China Glaze Strawberry Fields, just follow the white outline and leave a small space between the two nail polishes. I chose Strawberry Fields because I want to have glittery effect squished between the polishes. Let it dry.
- For the last layer of the heart, use Carolyn Lincoln Center for the red tips. I love how the glitters show, underneath the red polish.
- Apply your favorite top coat.
And here’s Heartsy Tipsy ala WhoaNails!
If you still got any questions about this nail art, don’t hesitate to ask Mwahhh